View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #22
fung0
fung0 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung LTE
Stop using XnView. Great idea. Except it turns out that XnView is innocent.

This afternoon, I ran Sigil and XnView in every conceivable combination. No problems at all. But just a few minutes ago, Sigil refused to run again. This time, practically the only other thing left running on my PC was Winamp. I shut down Winamp. Sigil loaded perfectly. I ran Winamp again. Sigil refused to load. I shut down Winamp. Sigil ran perfectly. I've tried this about a dozen times. Exact same result every time. I've tried other combinations of software, but so far only Winamp seems to produce this result.

This weird connection between Sigil and Winamp never occurred to me. Partly because they're such totally unrelated applications. And partly because I've been using Winamp for a decade or so, through several versions of Windows, concurrently with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, CorelDRAW, Handbrake, Firefox... just about every piece of software you can imagine, even some games. And never, ever, EVER had a problem.

No, I'm afraid this is now pretty clearly a Sigil issue. If I can be of help in resolving it, I'll be glad to provide further input.
fung0 is offline   Reply With Quote