View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
To expand a bit on what Kovid said: most of the smaller memory cards come formatted FAT-16. The 4GB and up may be FAT-32, but I'm not even sure of that. In any event, those place a hard limit on the number of files that can be put in various directories, so they read as "full" (of file handles) when they're not actually full of data. The solution is, as Kovid said, is to reformat the card as FAT-32. Unfortunately, I'm a Windows user, so I'm not sure how you'd go about it; hopefully someone else will chime in if you don't know already.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote