View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 07:20 PM   #45
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJohnson View Post
Just found out that Nook no longer supports Nook for PC for magazine subscriptions. I found out when I tried to get my March Analog copy. Got my Feb Asimov's fine on Jan 1, but changed sometime during this month. Since can't get PC mag downloads from Amazon, any suggestions? Looks like Kobo has the same restrictions...
This is exactly what I feared would happen and is why I cancelled my Asimov's and Analog subscription from B&N. Am so glad I did that now. Amusingly, while I had gotten all my issues, they for some reason refunded me the last month of the sub, so I ended up getting a couple of issues free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJohnson View Post
Talking with money seems to be the only thing that even has a chance of working.
I'm not saying to stop doing what you're doing, but my experience has been they just chalk every lost sale up to piracy and never even consider it might be DRM protestors. Even if you tell them you did it over DRM, they just assume you're a pirate and lying. Most companies have a serious blindspot on this issue.