View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 04:42 PM   #40
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
The Greasemonkey script for Firefox still works -- I just tested it -- but only for the most recent issues, since B&N no longer allows you to scroll through back issues.

Also, if you have an Android device with the Nook app it's very easy to copy the files off to a PC. My own choice is to navigate to to the file and use Dropbox, but a wired connection to a PC works fine, too.

Unless someone has more experience with Google Play Newstand for magazines, I'd avoid them like the plague. I recently bought issues of Ellery Queen's and Alfred Hitchcock's mystery magazines, and they appeared to be crippled so they can only be read with Google's App (which I don't like) or online but only with the Chrome (or Chromium) browser. I (eventually) found where the files are located, but they appear to be jpegs of the individual pages with cryptic names. I may be able to assemble PDF's of them, eventually. If anyone else has more experience and success with these files, I'd love to hear about it! (NOTE: They're DRM-free, at the publisher's request, so I don't think it would run afoul of any forum rules.)

Last edited by cromag; 01-31-2015 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Apparently I cannot spell DRM in one try.