Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #497
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousia View Post
Thanks for your reply, NIck_1964.

I remove the fonts embedded in the ePub using a compression tool and I edit CSS or HTML files with a plain text editor. (I use calibre only for the ebook-viewer [the ePub reader].)

I have added two lines to the default.css file:

Code:
@font-face {font-family: serifsc; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src:url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/FreeSerifSC.ttf);}
@font-face {font-family: serifsc; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; src:url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/FreeSerifBoldSC.ttf);}
What I wanted to achieve is a way to apply those fonts when font-variant: small-caps is invoked in the CSS file.

But it seems there is no way to do that. I will have to manually edit every ePub file that contains small caps.
Use sigil, you can edit an ebook without compressing,decompressing,remove fonts or css.