View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #115
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned GoodNotes. It isn't as full featured as other apps, but it has a great UI for note taking, in my opinion. I still fall back to Notes Plus and its handwriting recognition when I know I'll need to clean up and reformat my notes for publishing afterwards, but for casual notetaking GoodNotes works really well.
You know, after re-reading this I redownloaded the free version of Goodnotes and found that you're right, it's a very good app. I think I underestimated it because of its ugly interface. And boy is it ugly, especially the free version with the ads at the bottom. What is it with the wooden shelf, why does everybody insist on using this? Is it because it's easy to find cheap ugly fake wooden shelves to inflict on your users? Thankfully, now that Apple has abandoned it, some developers at least seem to be following suit. I hope GoodNotes will do it too.

But otherwise it has very nice features, and when I imported a PDF for a quick test it handled that very nicely. I'll try to field test it next time I need to annotate a PDF, and if it satisfies I may buy the full version.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote