View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #111
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
So I did download the latest version of Noteshelf last night. Usually I wait a bit longer as a safety measure, but so far Noteshelf updates have been good, and I just couldn't wait.

They updated the icon and design to make them more iOS 7. I like it.

But the biggest surprise, and I don't know if this comes from the latest update or if it was there before and I didn't notice it, is that there is now an automatic palm recognition. That's a very nice surprise since it seems to work almost as well as the one in the Bamboo app. Still, it misinterpreted my wrist as a zoom in gesture a couple of times when working on a PDF file, so I'll stick with the usual palm rest area most of the time, but it's nice to have another option for when linear writing is not the order of the day.

Also, PDF handling is getting better and better. I don't do much PDF annotating because it's just too slow, clumsy and unreliable in whatever app I tried. But if Noteshelf keeps improving, it may become an option some day.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the latest version of Noteshelf and it's still my favoritest app for handwriting.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote