View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Killing characters based on real people

When I first started writing, I decided that I would write characters based on my daughter's boyfriends and kill them in the book if they hurt her since it wasn't legal to do so in real life.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I didn't want to waste my characters on losers. To this date, I haven't put any of my daughter's boyfriends or any person I don't like into my books. I actually feel better about that. My stories are unsullied as a result.

I know others have at least considered and likely added people they don't like to their books in order to kill them off. I'm curious what the results have been and how you've felt about it in retrospect.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote