View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger1972 View Post
Thanks geekmaster. That answers question 2. Can you help with the other questions. The more specific you can be the better.

1. Do I need to put my Kindle into Diagnostics mode every time I want to access it using PuTTY?
3. Should I be able to run the "Hello World" kindlet on my Kindle 4 NT (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...php?t=102386)? I have built the program on my PC, but through PuTTY the only directories I can see on the Kindle under /opt are eink, ar6k and factory. There is no amazon directory as per the steps detailed here.
4. The final step in the post above states "Copy signed jar into Kindle". Where do I copy it to?

Regards, Ger
Those questions should be answered where I told you to look. Instead of saying RTFM, here:
1. No. You can copy the /usr/local folder from diags to main, as shown in the K4 Hacking wiki.
2. You can put it in the documents folder. Follow the instructions provided with other kindlets. Be sure to install the combined developer keystore, as shown in the K4 Hacking wiki.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-14-2012 at 05:36 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote