View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #234
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
price point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
Basically you say Sony is getting out of the US market, blow off all factual information, and then do not back up your claim with anything. Really?

Let me just address one thing: stock.

Sony, for example, lists stock accurately. If it's in stock, it's in stock. To say "just because it's in stock doesn't mean it's in stock" is wrong. Especially with modern inventory tracking. And I have never ever had an item from BB say "in stock" and be out of stock (that's why they have an "out of stock" indicator!). But you claim if it says in stock, it's not? You realize all five places I cited would then have to be wrong on stock indication? And this is how you support your claim that Sony is leaving the US market?

I am, honestly, surprised that nobody seems concerned with the actual market, and are happy to make predictions without any evidence. I mean, even something as easily verifiable as availability is just tossed to the wind. Why is this?

-Pie
I think honestly the best reason anyone buys an Ereader these days is based on price point. IF the unit is typically 100 dollars or more less then sony ereaders I think most will buy non sony for that reason and that reason alone. That said.. who knows my opionion is just that... my opinion.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote