View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #12
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
The Nook has a good screen but that's about it. The software stinks...
As someone who owns one and also has buyer's regret, I'll second everything that emt said about the Nook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurat View Post
...The sony ereaders have sony software something of which I was never really a fan...
I have a PRS-600 and really like it. The Sony PC/Reader interface software does leave quite a bit to be desired, and seems to have its share of bugs, but the Reader itself is fantastic. I can't offer an opinion on the 300, as I've never used one, but the 600 is a real pleasure to use. The physical design is nice also; it doesn't waste space and has a solid "real steel" feel to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Hinkley View Post
I've returned my Kindle 2. It does have PDF support. But, the thing is unwieldy it's so large. And, the screen is very fragile. I broke 2 of them in 3 weeks. Personally, stay away from the Kindle. It's sad, because it does have the best features and a great font.
I broke one K2 (but not the screen), but only after putting it through some major crap that no reader should have to endure, including dropping it onto a concrete floor (it came through with flying colors; or should I say, flying greyscale), and accidentally skimming it across a parking lot about 20 feet (it sustained scratches, but no internal damage). What finally killed it was when it fell off my desk one day onto a linoleum floor. I guess that was the proverbial last straw on the camel's back. I immediately ordered a replacement and bought the additional protection that includes one free replacement if I should do it again.

The Kindle is great. I love the physical keyboard, and it's been nothing but a joy from day one. Plus it's got the wireless thing going for it.

My advice: you will be happy with either a Sony or a Kindle. Both have their strengths, and choosing between them is not easy. Stay away from the Nook.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote