Thread: best device?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #76
Zarathustrian
Zarathustrian began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Pocket PRO
If an iPad is anything like the iPhone when it comes to reading, I cannot understand it being recommended as an e-reader. I use several different programs for my iPhone - Tomes & Stanza being two which I purchased and even the correctly formatted books do not read correctly with these apps. Maybe I'm missing out on something because I don't have the iPad, but if you're looking for a reader with other functions, it seems that the Nook Color is a good way to go. Why pay in excess of 300$ for a tablet when you can find e-readers cheaper? That have the functions you're after. I have seen so many people on here pushing the iPad when it is simply not a good recommendation based on price and personal taste. Not everyone desires an iPad! I think it comes down to finding an e-reader that has the functions YOU want. I spent a great deal of time looking at specs for different readers and my personal choice would be the Kindle Fire, but since I can't get it in Australia, I'm quite eager to get my hands on the Nook Color. It seems to me that it will do everything I need/want it to. It truly just boils down to what you want, what you can afford and what specs you find fit your needs the most.
Zarathustrian is offline   Reply With Quote