View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #81
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I am first and foremost, a reader. So while I usually prefer ebooks, for convenience reasons, I have absolutely no issues switching between physical books and ebooks in my reading pursuits. I'm certainly not going to deprive myself of reading something I really want to read by zealously adhering to some random, self-imposed media restriction.
This goes for me as well.

I'm now leaning towards e-books when I can because my eyesight is going south (a bit) and my arms are not growing longer.
Another reason I lean towards e-books is that I tend to like loooong stories and it is much easier to read 1000 pages on a 200g device than hold a 1kg door stopper.

But I am one of those people who likes to re-read and I have many hundreds of paper books so I'm not going to stop reading paper books any time soon.

I may stop buying them. Or not. I have bought paper books since I got my first e-reader (I'm on my third) so maybe I'll never stop buying paper books...

About the only time when I go exclusively e-book is when I go in holiday or on a short trip for 2-3-4 days as I will not longer carry paper books with me. Also, when in holiday or on a trip my reading likes/dislikes seem to sometimes change a bit (weird huh?) so I'm glad to have my e-reader stocked with books of about 3-4 genres (and I usually take a few old favourites just in case) if I feel I don't want to read whatever book I was in the middle of as the plane takes off.
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote