View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #148
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You don't need to wait for yet another Kindle. All it takes to annotate PDF is a firmware upgrade.
Depends on how you want to annotate. I have no interest in slowly typing with my thumbs. So if I changed my mind and decided to pick up an ereader for academic use it would have to have a touch/tablet screen that I could write easily and legibly on, and save those notes, underlines etc. to the pdf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojleblanc View Post
Not to mention the dissertations we have to read! Last month, I had to read a 180-page long dissertation. For the first read, I formatted it to fit my Sony Reader, but couldn't do it for the second read for various reasons (i.e., I really need to annotate the document). Would have loved to save the 90 pages I ultimately printed (double sided) and toted around with me. It was this very purpose that I bought to the Sony Reader, but having a larger screen and one that permitted note-taking would be a much better solution.
Yeah, I could never see it for theses, dissertations etc. Just too much marking up, and you need to be able to flip through it quickly during the defense to give your comments to the student etc. etc. which would always be a bit clunky to do in real time on a reader.

And I don't really care about printing out stuff. I either keep it in my cabinet permanetly or recycle it so it doesn't bother my eco-conscience too much.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote