View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #59
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Have any of you guys ever dated readers who were simply too full of themselves? i mean, that because they were readers they considered themselves as intellectuals and better than everyone else...?
Yes. Such an incredible turn off. I constantly felt like he was competing with me - he would try to "one-up" anything I said with regards to books or education. Needless to day, we did not date for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesMacs View Post
I think the real turn-off would be someone who scorns reading for pleasure.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
My girlfriend at the time and I were living together. We did have a lot in common. Reading was not one of them.
We were sitting in the living room and she turned on the TV. I pulled out my book and started reading. She got mad because she expected me to sit and stare at the boob tube with her. We did not stay together long after that.
Apache
My husband was not a reader when we first started dating. The fact that he would not bother me while I was reading and he was watching TV (someone watching TV in the same room as me while I'm reading doesn't bother me all that much. I find music much more distracting for some reason) was VERY endearing - if he had expected me to sit and stare at the TV with him our relationship would not endured!

Seeing how much I enjoyed reading got him interested in reading, and he is actually now an avid reader. We often read the same books and discuss them later. I have even managed to turn him on to ebooks, and he is even more devoted to them than I am! He complains loudly when I recommend a book to him that is not available as an ebook. If I were to date now it would take a lot for me to overlook the fact that the person I was dating was not into reading. Perhaps I sensed all along that my husband had a reader hiding inside him! (Or maybe he really was/is just THAT good looking! )
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote