Thread: Bug report
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 12:31 PM   #30
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
re: AdobeViewer problem displaying EPUB images

I loaded the firmware 15.2 beta yesterday and thought I would report back on the issue I raised in Post #21 in this thread, namely:-

Quote:
EPUB images are not being displayed correctly when using AdobeViewer ... they run off the sides of the screen if they are bigger than a certain size

Good news
:
I thought this problem had been reported too late to be considered for release 15.2. However, there has definitely been some improvement.

In release 14.2 the largest image which displayed OK in AdobeViewer was 363x469 pixels.

In 15.2, images up to 590x775 pixels display OK at Zoom levels 1-3. This is in line with the max size on a 6" Sony reader.
Bad news:
In 15.2, at zoom levels 4-6, images larger than 315x410 (approx) run off the screen edges.
In addition, I have also noticed that those EPUB side-page-numbers, which are supposed to be much smaller in v15.2, are only smaller in zoom levels 1-3, not zoom levels 4-6. Is this a "feature" or a "flaw"?

In summary, it appears that fixes to EPUB images and side-page-numbers have been "part-fixed".

You can reproduce any of the above by opening any EPUB in AdobeViewer. As you move from zoom level 3 to 4, both the images and the side-page-numbers balloon in size.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote