View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
In their current iterration, I think ebooks will lose. Although a paper book consumes more resources initially, paper books are traded, sold, etc. I learned it was a sin to throw away a pbook, like it was a sin not to eat your vegetables (starving children . . ). Although an ebook is more convenient and initially costs me less, including driving to the bookstore, the fact that it is one use only will make it less efficient. JMHO

Debra
"Consumes more resources initially"??? Y'know, a tree that has been toppled in it's prime isn't just a "lost resource" as far as future pulp-production - it also is an ONGOING loss of the CO2 cleansing, erosion-prevention, habitat-destruction and vista-reduction. So electricity production adds a bit to the overall CO2 levels. Think of all that is preserved when we DON'T slaughter trees by the millions! I'm sorry, but the idjits who advocate to the masses that ereaders/ebooks are worse for the environment simply don't know what they're talking about.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote