View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #133
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by auda View Post
just got my full sized edge yesterday and i am loving it

now i want to update it , but i am afraid that i will lose some of the features already found in dingo

what i am really concerned about :

5. E-ink PDF Annotation - Limited underlining capabilities in portrait mode, doesn't work in landscape mode.

can someone explain what "limited" means (the things that i wont be able to do after the update)

also

5. Limited options for dumping items from the LCD to the e-ink side.
(again how it is limited)

i know i can easily downgrade to dingo if i didnt like this upgrade , but i am just afraid that something happens to the tablet during the process
I'm glad that you are happy with your EE.

A word of warning, if you do update it make sure you get the update file for the EE NOT the ones for the PE - check before downloading and check after downloading.

I have never had any problems with marking a PDF on the e-ink screen be it lines, squiggles or anything else. Can't comment on landscape mode, I've only used it once in all the time I've had my EE.

I think the answer to your second concern is along the lines of, it depends what you want to move from the LCD to e-ink. I tend to use the built in facility in the default browser to dump information from the net to e-ink.

I do know that I've not lost functions of the e-ink by upgrading to the standard Ermine for EE. We have lost the ability to take still pictures though - they are distorted green images, the video does work without problems.

I will let someone that has updated to version with the market on it comment on that as I am not interested in accessing the market so haven't tried that update.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote