View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #27
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I use Calibre for about everything related to ebooks, except actually reading them. And sometime that as well when I want to quickly search for a quote in a book I have already read. So with Calibre I:
  • Strip DRM from purchased books and format to epub if necessary
  • Whenever I add an ebook to my collection I immediately enter it into Calibre and use it to edit meta data, to add tags I want, and remove those that I don't want. Often this also means using the search for meta data and/or cover feature of Calibre
  • I add entries in custom columns I have created for number of pages (using a count pages plugin), marking whether I have read the book or not, whether it is in my priority list, and once read a number of stars rating.
  • I use the search feature to select a list of of books from which to choose my next read based on the various bits of information I described above.
  • I use it to transfer books to by Sony reader and to delete books I have finished from that reader.
  • I use the feature it provides to search the Internet for ebook titles I am interested in.
  • Linking my Dropbox account to the Calibre library on my hard drive gives my automatic cloud backup of all my ebooks.