View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #196
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiming View Post
@ixtab

yes, i confirm that it is not safe to remove libfreetype after updating to 5.1.0. it is also not safe to uninstall fonthack after the update. i got into trouble and have to reset my KT to resolve the problem.
I find this very hard to believe. The net effect of the uninstaller only is that 2 configuration files are removed.

Quote:
my Chinese font settings remain even after the fonthack has been uninstalled.
Again, very hard to believe. Since the configuration files are not read anymore, it is pretty much impossible that they are evaluated.
Are you sure that this is caused by font hack, not by your own modifications?

I don't know what went wrong in your case, but I suggest to uninstall, then reinstall v1.3.0.

Quote:
i want to reinstall libfreetype to see if bold can be restored. do you think you can update the libfreetype installation package for 5.1.0. many thanks.
There is no update needed. The installer and uninstaller continue to work unchanged.

@jglerner: can you install the freetype lib and see if this solves (some of) your problems? As far as I see, everything *except* for the serif font substitution should be working... (in case of oddities, manually refreshing the font cache, then restarting, is always a good idea to try as the first troubleshooting attempt)

Last edited by ixtab; 04-14-2012 at 07:06 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote