View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #11
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by superzhou View Post
1, What is the ffs file? It looks like a shell script, but I remember you use .sh file before.
Scripts (and all files) may have whatever extension you want. However, Igor's script checks for a ".sh" extension to know to set the correct permissions in the tarball. (so use .sh)
Quote:
2, How should I set the update version? Is it created from the "name"?
It doesn't matter. The script will set a minimum version of 0, and a maximum version of something higher than the real versions will ever see. This version is only used for the update to run, not for setting the actual software version of the Kindle.
Quote:
3, Do I need at least two files to create the bin?(I saw a foo.bar from the screen saver example.
That was just because I'm totally lazy and didn't feel like looking up the correct way to force the array/list type in python so that the for loop would work with a single entity. This new script works fine with a single file.

Oh, and thanks for the new script, Igor.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote