View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 02:33 AM   #7
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Maybe coincidence, maybe not.

Sometimes a complete shutdown of a router will allow it to choose a different channel if it's current has become crowded. I had trouble with a couple of devices when my neighbours installed wifi while I was away for the weekend (router on, everything else off or with me ). Came back and had trouble with several devices (two tablets and an iPod) disconnecting. I checked the available networks in the wifi settings and noticed a new, quite powerful signal. Powered down everthing including the router, brought them back up (waiting at least 5min after powering the router) and all is back to normal.

Many tablets just don't have the power to get through a noisy channel just like a laptop does.
I wonder if the more powerful router was my new one.

I think routers can choose channels on the fly. Maybe. I haven't investigated that. I live in a house and the nearest neighbour is a senior with no PC. So the other nearest houses are across back alley, 2nd house over or across the street. And the signal strength of those is quite down compared to mine. Mine is -60 db while the two currently visible are both -87 so a long ways off.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote