View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #13
OneandonlyDoc
Fearless Writer
OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
If I was writing a comic book, I'd be concerned about how to spell a scream. For a novel, I'd just write "He/she screamed," maybe add a bit of detail about what kind of scream (pained, frightened, panicked, etc) and don't worry about the spelling.
There are some authors who have used the sound of a scream (or a shriek, as is the case with my example) to great effect. L.E. Modesitt Jr. is one of them.
OneandonlyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote