View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #70
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I do think there was an implicit promise that the ereader would pay for itself in savings, at the time I bought mine. Maybe that's no longer true now they are more established, and people are aware of their other advantages.
To be honest ... I still think that's entirely true. There are just too many ways for ereader owners to get free (legal) content that isn't available (or would be "effort prohibitive") to those who only buy physical books. And while it certainly may take longer (now) for someone who only reads from the Best Seller lists to recoup the cost of their device, I still think the ever-lowering ereader entry-price-points—combined with promotional ebook sales (even if you have to rely on the publisher running the promotion)—still makes it quite possible for the ereader to "pay for itself" over a reasonable amount of time. It's just not going to happen with zero effort by the owner.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote