View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Yet another AZW3 weirdness

I download all books I purchase from Baen in epub format. I'm in the process of converting a number of these books to azw3 format for my Kindle Fire and there have been no problems, until last night.

I've got a long list of Honor Harrington series books I'm *trying* to convert and I'm having problems with converting from the GUI. The books convert without any visible errors, but when displayed all I get is the cover graphic and many, many, many blank pages in the calibre viewer. If I try to look at the file on the Kindle, all I get is the spinning busy cursor. I've even tried re-downloading the epub from The Fifth Imperium site with no luck.

I did say I couldn't get the file to convert the GUI. From the command line, I was finally able to get it to convert successfully by first converting the file EPUB-EPUB and then EPUB-AZW3.

Can someone download the epub from:

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/2...tion/index.htm

and tell me if I'm crazy or not?

I've tried this conversion with the first 4 or 5 epubs on this CD with no success from the GUI and readable files from the command line.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote