View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhewson View Post
I have two Kobo Glo readers.. My wife's always get updates
many days earlier than mine as hers was purchased this March at a
big box electronics store here in Canada. Mine was purchased last year
through Chapters/Indigo.

My firmware is still at 2.6.1 while I note hers is now at 2.8.1 with the firmware
date of July 15th, 2013! I have seen no reference to any updates
since 2.6.1.

Anyone else have 2.8.1???????

We both connect via Wifi daily to update a newspaper subscription btw.

As an aside I hate that I have to "dismiss" daily the "Recommended list" tile
and "Reading Stats" tile even though I have all of the Reading Life and
Notifications options boxes unchecked. I personally have no use for any of those gimmicks, just want a stable/reliable Ereader. Once I turn that
stuff I would dearly love not to be bothered with it again, yet every day
after downloading my newspaper, I have to delete undesired tiles pushed
down.

Regards
Do you notice any differences? My glo also is one that gets the updates early, but I haven't connected in over a week to wifi, so I'd like to hear the lowdown on it before I do it

Regarding the reappearance of unwanted tiles. If you already use calibre (and maybe even if you don't, depending on how much this annoys you), you might want to look at davidfor's plugin "KoboUtilites". It has a option that will delete types of tiles that you choose, as soon as they appear.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote