View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 03:44 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Mobipocket page numbers are stable until you switch font size. However, the best way to do what you want is to use the Back command. Mobipocket readers keep track of where you were when you move to a new position using the menus. So you can switch to somewhere using the table of contents, and then just use the back command to get back to where you were reading.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvmax View Post
From what I've read around this site I switched to using Mobi reader from Microsoft Reader. I like it except for one thing. The pages don't make any since. Here's an example. Let's say that I'm on pg 333 and I want to go back and see something at the beginning of the chapter. I go to the table of contents then if I try to "navigate" back to the pg it is now impossible. Because the pages don't make any since. The only thing that I can do is go to the beginning of the chapter and then page forward until I'm at the right page. Now it might be any page number below 333 say 222 or something.

Also if I want to go back to look at something earlier in the chapter I have to be careful because if I start paging back fast Mobi seems to suddenly make huge jumps and I'm lost. I've never been able to figure out how it works. Sometimes electronic do hickies will since when you're pressing fomething continously so instead of going back by 1 it will start making bigger jumps to go faster, but I haven't been able to figure out if this is what is happeneing or not.

I'm getting a little perturbed with it. I didn't realize this happened until I gleefully downloaded all Mobi format books and got rid of my M$ formatted books, because I generally try not to use M$ products if I can at all avoid it. Then I discovered this page problem and it's starting to get so annoying that I'm considering going back to the M$ Reader. I can't right now because I downloaded all those Tor books that were offered free (that I learned about from this site Thanks guys) and they were all Mobi formated, so I'll stay with this until I get through those books at the very least.

I'm hoping that someone can help. Me.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote