View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Hi

I am used to produce EPUB with embedded fonts. I would like to add EPUB without fonts. It's easy to suppress any information about font-family. But for styles, if I wish to give a clean EPUB without font, I need to transform the small-caps styles to reduced capitals styles.

This must be done for paragraph and character styles (spans), probably best in Sigil.

Has somebody any advice to make this transcription automatic?
You have to do it by hand. You have to retype the letters in uppercase. Then apply a span with a class that uses a 75% smaller size.

in CSS...

.smallcaps {
font-size: .75em
}

in the XML...

<p>Here are some <span class="smallcaps">SMALLCAPS</span> for your enjoyment</p>
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote