View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I'm interested in Arabic epubs and wanted to give Duokan a try after both CoolReader and FBKindle failed. But so far I was unsuccessful in installing Duokan Lite on my Kindle 3.3 system.
Before I do a factory reset, I'd appreciate it if someone who has either Duokan or Duokan Lite installed could open my epub and test the rendering of the Arabic text for me.

The first two lines should read:

Arabic pangram

نص حكيم له سر قاطع وذو شأن عظيم مكتوب على ثوب أخضر ومغلف بجلد أزرق

(The Arabic text is one of the Arabic equivalents of "The quick brown fox...")

If you see question marks or disjointed letters, it means that Arabic is not supported.
I used traditional arabic font and DLite displayed it correctly
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 20110731012021.bmp (469.8 KB, 1240 views)

Last edited by thomass; 10-29-2011 at 01:42 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote