View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #48
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Banana Yoshimoto's Kitchen was phenomenal for me. I have been reading alot of Japanese literature lately, and that one really struck a chord with me.
Lizard was my first Yoshimoto book. I wouldn't say I loved her work, but it's definitely worth experiencing. Shorts seemed to have gone out of style back when I first read it, so I found that aspect alone refreshing. I also hadn't read anything that celebrated the mundane quite like she did.

I think both are more common these days. I'm actually starting to feel old thinking about just how much things have changed since then.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote