View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #16
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
Jobszilla rising from the sea?

I am somewhat torn on this.

On the one hand it doesn't hurt to see Apple being pulled from its high horse and their warranty isn't the best anyway.
On the other hand there seems to be a tendency in China to attack foreign companies that seem to be too successful or just for political reasons. Volkswagen as the market leading car manufacturer was attacked in the state media and Japanese companies became the victims of nationalist agitation in China just for being Japanese.
I believe it is high time to get tougher with China. No more open access to Western markets unless access to China is equally open.
I agree with you -- but I think that ship has sailed. The time for that would have been 10 years ago. Besides, that is exactly why the Chinese keep their old pal next door, in North Korea, alive. He comes in really handy when the West ever threatens to get "tough" on trade or other matters with China. Then buddy Kim will talk the talk and the West suddenly urgently needs China's help... And voila, no more "crazy talk" about equal access for Western companies to the local market.

The Western powers and Japan are much too self absorbed and unable to recognize the long term dangers to be able to present a united front -- which would be the only way to deal with China. Only Japan seems to be waking up. Their economy has been almost swept away and become dependant on China and the military threats are growing.

Last edited by HansTWN; 04-06-2013 at 09:44 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote