View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #172
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
It sounds like you were a lot more into BBS's than me!

I recognise Ward Christensen's name, not because of his work with CBBS but rather for the XMODEM protocol. I implemented a version of XMODEM for Primos in the late 80's to help me transfer files to client's computers (prior to that we would send tapes around the country).
Ward Christensen and Randy Seuss were the authors of CBSS, Steve Vinokuroff ran one of the first BBS systems in Vancouver (Vancouver CBBS/RCPM) with a multiline version using MP/M. Scott Dudley was responsible for the Maximus BBS package of which I used the OS/2 version. Joe Frankiewicsz was with US Robotics and I spent quite a bit of time chatting with him during the various beta programs. I was very happy when USR went to flash memory though there was a certain joy in having little packages delivered through the mail slot that downloading a flash update couldn't match.

I did enjoy being involved with BBS systems and 'met' quite a few people I enjoyed knowing through the years.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote