View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
I've been saying this since 2009. How is this new?
I'm sure the EFF has been saying it since before then.

I agree it isn't new, but:

1) People don't necessarily realize that putting data on a cloud service reduces their legal protections.

2) It's still not a good thing for those services to receive less protection.

3) FYI Goodwin did have a local copy, but claims his hard drive failed, thus the data was lost.

That said, the EFF is asking for a summary judgment, and the Feds are saying they want a narrow hearing so Goodwin can prove his interest.

I also don't see any indications in the brief that indicate they've access the data. I.e. as per usual, the EFF is a bit hysterical in its claims.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote