View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #17
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I think probably the honeymoon period is over now that the initial 6 months are up and 25% off will be the new member discount price from now on, barring special sales.

Which is a shame, since the standard retailer discounts on Sourcebooks titles is usually around 25% anyway at Amazon, Kobo, et al., so this basically makes the membership less attractive unless you're really committed to DRM-free purchasing and/or have lots of stuff you like show up in the monthly feature selections.

On the other hand, you do still save extra on the special sale books, so it probably is still worth it for the heavy romance readers and I'd personally wait to see if anything I wanted went to the deep-discount pricing before buying it under the "regular" discount.

Also, might as well mention: Patricia Rice, a Sourcebooks-republished author, has put another one of her titles, a romantic suspense-looking contemporary, on sale for $2.99 (down from $4.99) at the Book View Café (DRM-free, but must pick a single format). No idea how long the price is good for, but we've gotten a few freebies from her in the past and if you like her writing: Garden of Dreams

And Kelly McClymer, who's offering a freebie historical romance via Smashwords (The Fairy Tale Bride) has her chick-lit romance on sale via BVC for $2.99 after coupon as well: The Ex Files
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote