View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekamoo View Post
I like dividing my books by genre. That is the way I shelve books on my Nook. I usually don't decide to read a book based soley on the author. If I am in the mood for a horror story, I go right to my horror section. If I want a book by, say, James Herriot, I know that he is in my "Animals Pets" section. I can't think of a single time that I ever thought, "I want to read *anything* by a [specific author] where I didn't know what genre the author was in.
But why physically divide them? Put genre in a tag or as a value a custom column, then you can search for any genre you wish. You can use restrictions to show one genre while searching for other things. A book can be in multiple genres.

But enough. If you like what you are doing, then good, and on we go.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote