View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Ever since S&R is in place and working fine in Sigil, creating an ePub is as easy as can be if coded correctly. If your headlines are okay , you just have to replace those headlines with chapter break plus headline, check the TOC and the meta files, put in your personal CSS and the epub is done! Takes about 30 seconds to change a Gutenberg html to a great ePub. Thanks a lot, Valloric!
The S&R back-end will be rewritten to use the new QWebElement API now that Qt 4.6 has arrived. It should make both searching and replacing faster (and more robust) in Book View. No more messing with JavaScript in the background.

In general, Sigil is still not up to a point where I can say it suits all my needs. It suits most of them, but not all. I need to get font embedding working. That's the one thing that's missing from my workflow. The Webkit version in new Qt has stopped crashing on custom fonts, but it still doesn't display the italic and bold version of the same font on Windows and Linux. Fixing that will require forking Qt and a lot of tedious work tracking it down in unknown code.

And the performance problems are annoying. What I wouldn't give to be able to fast-forward time to a point where 0.2.0 is done... I'll have some more free time the next few weeks which I'll be spending on designing, prototyping and finally implementing this rewrite. Well, the start of it at least. Getting it completely done will take much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Seconded. Amazing piece of software, and much congrats to Valloric for coding this (I'm envious of your skill). Now, all I need is a button in Calibre that launches Sigil to edit the file I'm looking at, and life would be perfect
Actually that's exactly what Kovid and I have been talking about over email. Although I've yet get a response from him on the last bit of calibre integration code added to Sigil. Sent him a mail about it 10 days ago. I guess he's busy.

BTW people I'll be pushing 0.1.6 out in a few days. 0.1.5 had some unfortunate bugs, and fixes for these have to be released ASAP.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote