View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #34
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Actually that's one of the weaknesses of a non reflowable format. The fact that its look and feel is set in stone and cannot be altered by the reader to suit his tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
The mobipocket reader for PC displays the book with no separation between "paragraphs", whereas the iLiad renders the exact same file with 2-3 full lines of white.
My point isn't whether it's inherent in the format, my point is that the way the same file is rendered is inconsistent across different platforms, and non-user-specifiable. (and secondly, that the way the iLiad renders it is sub-optimal)
And that has everything to do with the file format, because non-reflowable texts do not suffer from this problem (as it isn't so much the inconsistency that annoys me, but the fact that there is so much white space between obviously-meant-to-be-contiguous 'paragraphs')
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote