Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 03:03 AM   #923
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I have 1038 Mo available on the Aura this morning, 495 on the Glo. I have always wondered how much space I MUST leave available when I'm on a downloading frenzy, and I guess I'll leave at least 100 above the database - which means I'd really like to slim it down.
That should be enough space. I just checked the SQLite manual and for the vacuum, it says "up to twice the size of the original database file". So, for a 250MB database, you should be OK with 500MB.

Because of something unrelated, I have been wondering how much space should be left free. Other than the database, there is also the firmware files when they are downloaded. They are about 130MB, so leaving enough for that would be a good idea.
Quote:
Unfortunately, the vacuum button on sqlite expert only reduced it by 20 Ko!
That isn't much, but it depends on what has happened recently. If you had just deleted a lot of books, I would expect a lot of space to be returned. But if you had just added a lot, there probably isn't much extra space in the database.

One thing I didn't check on: You didn't try to do the compress while calibre was still syncing or while you where sending books? It won't work if the database is open in some other way. The error should be something else, but it seems sometimes it shows as a disk full error.

To get around any issues on the device, you could take a backup of the database to the PC and do the compress there. That will show you how much space was freed and you can restore the file to the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote