Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 03:43 AM   #286
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That's a concern. It wouldn't surprise me if the Touch and Mini keep the same interface, but the Glo and Aura HD change. But, a Kobo person I trust has explicitly stated the Aura HD uses the same firmware as the other devices. I would say what is happening is that they still share a lot of the same code. All the backend is the same, it is just how they interface is displayed that has changed for the Aura HD. There is a fair chance that both versions are in the firmware and which one is used is triggered by a check somewhere.

In fact, when I asked for info to add the Aura HD to the calibre driver, I was hoping to find something in the config files to turn on the interface. If it was there, it wasn't obvious. But, I did ask for files I knew abouit. Maybe there is a new file that needs to be added. Maybe a full listing of the .kobo directory and its children would tell us something. Without the images and kepub directories.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote