View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The HD and HD+ are as locked down as things get in the Android world. Apps are limited to the B&N app store (which is limited to the US & UK unless you work around that) or being sideloaded via ADB. Otherwise you'd need to root it as Asawi mentioned or use a N2A card.
Wow - if what you're saying is accurate, I was out-and-out lied to by a BN rep. I've been looking at the HD+ and specifically asked whether I could buy and install apps from Google Play or other outside sources, and was told "Yes, absolutely."
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote