View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #34
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Hi mate, just read your mails and such.

And Knc1's link to Uboot. First time I ever looked at it. Scary.

So perhaps we should list out the knowns and work towards the unknowns.

Knowns: you have the file you want.
You know the "place" you want it to go.
There is a tool that can one to the other.
You have the parts required to do it.

Unknowns:
how to initiate "safe" file transfer including:
how to ensure file transfer does not stall
(this appears to have happened twice now according to my recollection when people have tried to undemo, check on that, will this affect our Uboot connection too? for example)
Where to put the files
(The file copying params look like expect addresses rather than helpful names, putting it in the wrong place would be "bad", like Ghost-busters "bad")

If I missed something add it below.

So you are seeking those answers, taking a stab at some likely commands or perhaps starting a thread en-labelled "Using U-Boot? I do What Now???" - well in your own words, would also be a great idea.

My interest, other than fixing your now - marginally stable - device is also to understand why the dd connections seemingly dumped mid flash on two occasions. Fixing that would prevent this.

So, I have had a look at the manual.
Code:
ext2load <interface> <dev[:part]> [addr] [filename]  
fsinfo
protect <on/off> [addr/all]
setenv <variable> <value>
The memory copy stuff as well???
look possibly helpful for shifting stuff about

I guess you have to boot from somewhere to get that stuff happening maybe haven't read all the docs. a useful kernel image - you have one of those I'd imagine by now.

So yeah. just list out those questions and get them answered one by one in the absence of a catch-all guide for the DX. On the bright side - It looks like we really need one!

Karma baby.

Last edited by twobob; 09-26-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Will this affect our Uboot connection too?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote