Thread: Worst Book
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #153
JohnGalt
Enthusiast
JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard-boiled pat View Post
i have problems reading books by female authors... their characters seem to have too many problems with their feelings... so i may be biased against their books.
Can be, but not neccessarily so. Compare Ayn Rand to Shakespeare or Mary Shelly to Henrik Ibesen. Dagny Taggart was much more logical and stoic than the emotion-driven, chaotic Prince of Denmark. Frankenstein's monster makes emotional appeals, but they're simple appeals for respect and dignity, while Hedda Gabler is practically a soap opera. I'm sure there's plenty of examples like these.

Last edited by JohnGalt; 08-22-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Misspelled Dagny
JohnGalt is offline   Reply With Quote