Thread: UK libraries
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #83
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
I'll keep trying to find accessable libraries and report back
Part of the problem is that the ones that are easy to join today, will move the goal posts tomorrow.

I'm lucky in that I work over a large part of the UK and can, time allowing, arrange to pick up my card from a library if required.

I currently have full membership for myself in the following UK libraries;

Bexley (called in to pick up membership card after joining on-line)
Herts (called in to pick up membership card after joining on-line)
Kent (called in to pick up membership card after joining on-line)
Leeds (called in to pick up membership card after joining on-line)
Liverpool (called in to pick up membership card after joining on-line)
London Consortium (called in to pick up membership card after joining on-line)
Manchester (called in to pick up membership card after joining on-line)
Oldham (called in to pick up membership card after joining on-line)

I was a member of Essex but they have now changed over to the Overdrive system and I'll need to rejoin.

Hampshire had a big publicity drive, got told off and will only allow me 6 month visiting membership now, so I've not bothered re-joining.

I've also applied to join Camden and will be picking up my membership card in the next two weeks while working in the area.

Its not impossible to join UK libraries, it just takes a little forward planning. Planning that is worth while on a monetary level. Make the most of the system we (as UK tax payers) fund.

I've just done an update of the original post, and included a link towards the bottom of the post to aid people in finding UK libraries. This is going to be the last update as there are now almost 400 libraries on-line and to keep a constant update is simply no longer feasible.

I've done my best to let people know that the service is there and free. I hope you all enjoy the effort that's gone into it. Not just by myself, but by other members that have also gone to the trouble of posting and sending me messages to let me know of services coming on-line in their areas.

Please feel free to update this thread as you locate new service, but the original post will no longer be updated.

Last edited by feenix1363; 01-12-2012 at 07:16 PM.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote