View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's just a line drawn in the sand. Nothing more nothing less. Sigil's apparently coded to open .epub files... not ePubs disguised with other file extensions. Should it also open files named *.zip -- provided there's a valid epub structure within?

I can certainly see the convenience (for you and possibly others) of your request, but I don't think it's a good idea to start catering to the whims of external programs' backup/failsafe naming conventions--regardless of how popular said program might be.

But in the end, it wouldn't really affect me in the least if Sigil was modified to allow the opening *.original_epub files, so ... whatever.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote