View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
And yet another reason to want to strip DRM from a book so you can get rid of the embedded fonts. I've purchased a few books that went crazy with images as well, where they have the same exact cover image in 5 different sizes... makes zero sense, and I'll open those up as well and get rid of the unnecessary images that are just wasting space on my reader.

But embedded fonts for me is something that I will always immediately get rid of.
Why would you remove the fonts? In most cases, they make the eBooks look better. Also, if you don't like the amount of space they take up, you could use Calibre to subset the fonts and any not used will be deleted and the rest will be reduced in size. I've gone from like 3.5MB down to 800K by subsetting.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote