View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #74
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Yes true, but my question is about those devices that are coming out now or at least since Honeycomb came out, that are 7" but are still using Gingerbread. or earlier. Fire, New Nook Color, Lenovo, and others.

Should we buy a device with an old OS or wait until they upgrade it?

I saw an article about Lenovo A1 that doubted that the tablet would ever be given Honeycomb.

Should we wait?
I think it is just too early to tell if the 7" devices will have clearer update paths than smart phones, for example.

No one knows what Amazon is planning with Android long-term; whether they will incorporate all or some of Google's subsequent updates, or just continue improving their own UI. I'm really curious to see what they have planned for the future.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote