View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 02:09 AM   #10
nurse_horrible
nurse_horrible has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nurse_horrible has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nurse_horrible has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nurse_horrible has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmthokku View Post
I got the DR800. Havent done much reading on it yet, but looks really nice . I updated to RC3 and am trying to get Xournal on it. I should be pretty much set if I can get it working properly. I played around with the notes app a bit and found that I have to keep writing without paying attention to when it actually appears on the screen. This might actually be usable in class! So here is the remainder of The Plan:

Take DR800 to class. Between classes, use DR for reading research papers/books/notes as well as do assignments on it. .
Congrats on finding one. I'm in a PhD program and use mine for everything reading-related. Take a look at the Irex thread here on MobileRead. There's a new GUI (called "800+", I think) that adds better access to controls, tabbed reading, full-screen mode, and continuous page scrolling. I haven't used it yet, as I'm using one created by another MobileRead poster (CoolDragon) that can be found here (and I did use Google Translate to figure it out just fine): http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthre...extra=page%3D1

Good luck!
nurse_horrible is offline   Reply With Quote