View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
cdfick
cdfick began at the beginning.

Device: astak ez reader pocket pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toeknee View Post
I have experienced the same issue. The unit will randomly freeze on the page turn. When it happens, the buttons still beep, so the button push is acknowledged but nothing happens. The only button that works (kind of) is the power button. One push/release gets the keyboard locked message. Another push/release does nothing. From here, the only solution is to hold the power button till the unit shuts down. I have only been reading .prc files so far. I have some epubs and have been able to flip around through them without crashes, but have not done a reading session with an epub yet. I upgraded the firmware but the problem persists.
Thanks, Toeknee. That is exactly what is happening with mine, and the power button only kind of works (i.e. will lock and power down the machine, but not let me unlock). I had hoped that it was only a problem with .prc files, but based on the previous post, it looks like it's not confined to just that type of file. It's a really frustrating problem as my unit just crashed two times in three pages. Thanks for the response, everyone. I wonder if Robert from Astak any some advice.
cdfick is offline   Reply With Quote