Thread: OPF & guide
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Does anyone know if there is Epub reading software that uses the guide tags of the OPF file? I'd like to know if I can leave it undeveloped.
The guide section is in OPF 2.0 for backwards compatibility reasons, I think. From the OPF spec:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPF 2.0
Reading Systems are not required to use the guide element in any way.
Because of this, few reading systems will support it. It also (poorly) duplicates the functionality of the NCX, that is, a presentable Table Of Contents. It's pretty much useless.

BTW Sigil doesn't create it and it will strip it from your input epub if it has one.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote