View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 AM   #28
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Not sure if this is your issue but I tried the ModifiedLarger variant and it did work for me.

Basically, I had to rename the four files to include the spaces in the font family name and came up with the following (I used Fontforge to see the font family name.)
Your are a star sir! That works for me, and also fixes all the other broken side-loaded fonts, regardless of locale. Have some freshly baked karma.

I think the Kobo 2.4.0 firmware looks for a font file in the following format:

Font Family Name-Font Subfamily Name.ttf

Font Family Name must have the same spacing as in the font itself.

Font Subfamily Name is normally one of:

Bold
Italic
BoldItalic
Regular

You do not need a space in "BoldItalic", even if there is one in the font file ("Bold Italic").

.otf file extension is also supported.

Firmware 2.1.5 would find a matching font file even if there were no spaces in the file name but there were in the Font Family Name within the font. For some reason after 2.1.5 this was changed so that the spacing had to be the same for the font to be found.

Some of the built-in fonts are still broken e.g., Avenir and Kobo Nickel, presumably because the internal font file is actually called "KoboNickel-Regular.ttf" etc.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote